YayBlogger.com
BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Argyle Addendum

A blog on architecture, life, and that avant la lettre...

Friday, February 15, 2013

                     I'm in a caffeine fueled mood-all that I can do is write.(Prepare for randomness.)
          My thesis is due on the first of March. While this is the most stressed out I've been in a long time, I am also(ironically) the happiest. Things seem to have fallen into place in the least likely of ways. New doors are opening everyday and while my current concept of 'future' is in flux daily, I'm taking everyday one minute at a time. I've decided life is good. The stress of Ph.D. programs is only temporary, and while I am both confident and pessimistic, I am sure that the future is an idea that I'm okay with. My birthday is right around the corner. It promises to be an eventful one as my roommates have planned me a party. We are the most unlikely of friends. A Ph.D. student and a professional butcher. A butcher, a baker, and perhaps I should be a candle stick maker? We get each other, we are drastically different, but we understand each other and revel in the differences.
                  It's the little things. I wake up every morning and I realize that I love what I'm studying. Architecture is still my passion after ten years, and while I'm anxiously waiting to hear what my next step is, I realize I'm going to be happy. Every morning I wake up on my dusty Grad.-school futon and see some of my favorite buildings I've hung around my room. They're a mix of western/nonwestern Ancient/modern and provide me with a subtle sigh of relief. I've decided to add some music to this randomness.. This is for all the old folks. Appreciate the good in everything. Truth be known I love the music from the 60's 70's 80's and 90's just as much as I love contemporary music. While change is hard for some(I'm thinking of a few specific old folks particularly) stay current and love it all.



No comments:

Post a Comment