YayBlogger.com
BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Argyle Addendum

A blog on architecture, life, and that avant la lettre...

Monday, June 30, 2014

     [  My Blog will likely celebrate its ·20,000th· view with the launch of this post, which is a mind-blowing thought. ]
   
      I moved home a few weeks ago, taking the ultimate retreat to my parent's house. There are rules similar to when I was in high school, my room arranged like I had it in the eighth grade, and the mindless monotony of the space takes me back to elementary school.
                          My room is a sanctuary, and if walls could talk they would be laughing and crying all at once. I've been applying for jobs in mass quantities and the interviews are just starting to come in. It's as if everyone left for the summer and companies, governments, and firms all over just checked out for the month of June. 
   I've decided to video my experiences when I move. I think it will be an exciting time--More so than the last eight times. I'm ready to settle down just as badly as I'm ready to get out of my hometown. 
    My social life has been a mixture of self loathing due to the fact I live at home again, and unrequited love that has ended in more depressing outcomes. In fact this year has been the worst on record for dating. I had a more successful love life in Kindergarten and the year I was in the hospital for 65 days straight than I have in 2014.  Suddenly I'm painting again and doing stuff that is meant to occupy my mind from going crazy. I'm writing posts about my lack of social life on my blog as I listen to my new depressing anthem, Dark Paradise on repeat. This is usually the time I chime in with some sort of hopeful proverb of empowerment that is meant to give hope and belief in the future. ["There can be no rainbow without the rain." "An arrow can only be shot when pulled in reverse." "You can only get a new car if you survive the wreck."] 
    
    Okay maybe I fabricated that last one, but I think it's the best. I decided the day I moved home that I would make it my goal to apply to at least one job a day until I got results. I mean think about what Aristotle tells us in his works on Politics, "Poverty is the parent of revolution and crime."Trust that when I was being forced to read Aristotle in school I never believed it would be applicable to my life as an unemployed recent graduate. 

No comments:

Post a Comment