YayBlogger.com
BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Argyle Addendum

A blog on architecture, life, and that avant la lettre...

Thursday, April 10, 2014

Shanty and Siblings.

   The shanty that I've been living in has officially been condemned. This was an obvious choice taken by local law enforcement and should have happened months earlier in my opinion, but let's be honest-who's going to argue with paying almost nothing for rent? The bottom floor apartment apparently has a terrible sewage leak(THANK GOD I'M ON THE TOP FLOOR.) My neighbors however are outraged and scrambling to figure out affordable housing options. I feel terrible for them especially because some have been unable to deal with the current state of the place. I'll be sure to let you know if any shit geysers happen up on my level. 
  
     On a much different note. It's national siblings day. I honestly don't think either of them bother to read my blog anymore. (They've lost track or think it's still shutdown, which could be a very good thing for me.) Anyway, as I've said in previous posts my sisters have always taken extremely good care of me and I have always been blessed enough to say that I've had three moms-as good or terrible as that sounds. Some of the best moments I've had with my sisters have come when I was in desperate need. This includes and is not limited to: beating up an older bully kid in middle school, chauffeuring me around for the first 16 years of my life, providing me with a place to hide, providing me with money on occasion, usually returning my texts and phone calls, giving me the blunt/honest truth anytime I need it. -This has been a bit overlooked times and even misinterpreted in a negative light, but I think there is a lot to be said about someone who will be completely honest with you in a loving yet stern way. I sometimes felt that I grew up lost in their massive shoes, but there is something about living in their shadow that has enabled me to plot my own course-figure out life for myself. After I acknowledged that they were both much more awesome, smart, athletic, creative and ambitious than I could ever be. 
         As a kid I served, as their dating advisor, their best friend, and (at times) their go-to fashion expert. I was that little kid at home who with a big mouth that was always willing to dish.  I can truly be myself around them without feeling like I have to mask anything, which has not been the case with other members of my family.  The most interesting memories I have are of things like when they got 'that car' or met 'that guy', when they 'went on that vacation' or 'had that minor life setback',  when they 'got those awards' or 'got that new shiny diploma'.  It's so refreshing knowing that I can always talk to them about things even if I've spared them from my recent dating experiences. 

          As siblings we share the most genuine and honest feelings of love. It stems from the origins of where we came from. Something about being kids together bonds you to an individual like nothing else. It's as if everyone else begins reading the book in the fourth or fifth chapter, while your siblings got to begin the story at the very beginning. They are the few people who understand the whole picture. I am lucky to be on such close terms with my siblings, and I'm excited to see where their lives take them. I'm excited to continue 'reading' (and of course, being there to give my critique.) 

       I already see a special bond forming between my niece and nephew. They don't understand it as I do from a pseudo-adult perspective, but they already have each others back at daycare and on the playground. It's fun to watch. 
My sister's shout out on Instagram.
(I'm a hot mess in these, but It's perfect.) 

No comments:

Post a Comment