YayBlogger.com
BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Argyle Addendum

A blog on architecture, life, and that avant la lettre...

Monday, March 24, 2014

I wanted a perfect ending. Now I’ve learned, the hard way, that some poems don’t rhyme, and some stories don’t have a clear beginning, middle, and end. Life is about not knowing, having to change, taking the moment and making the best of it, without knowing what’s going to happen next.
— Gilda Radner

     I've been busy in search of jobs. I've applied for almost a dozen positions in states from Minnesota to Florida and everywhere in between. There seems to be a large number of jobs in the DC area, which I am hopeful for. I am extremely optimistic with this new job boom and the approach of summer.
     In the mean time I am continuing my regular Barista routine. It has a therapeutic repetition and an edgy stress that helps to pass the time. It occupies the mind while it provides surprisingly fulfilling relationships with regular customers both elderly and young. I can only dream of being an eighty-something whose daily ritual is centered upon having a morning cup of coffee at the same coffee shop, where everyone knows my name and how I like it.
    As for the job search, I've had a lot of time to think about it. My expectations are somewhat malleable which I think is best at this point. That feeling of the unknown, which I've blogged about so many times before is back again. It's by now almost becoming a constant. Then again it allows me to keep the extremes on the table like winning the lottery or falling in love with a bajillionaire.

No comments:

Post a Comment